Friday, October 9, 2009

Before & After: {the nursery}

Pipsqueak's nursery has been a lot of fun to put together.... a lot of work, but fun!

Before.......




This room in our house used to be the Libraray, and that explains the bookshelves all along one wall. Not only a library, but a music room too - Grandma Tanner used to have a piano along the back wall - quaint, huh? I can just picture it - a reading / music room! After James and I first moved in the library became my office and I had the genius idea of painting the bookshelves red. It was cute while it lasted, but Pipsqueak couldn't have red bookshelves in a pink and black nursery.
After ......





With a little tender loving care, we were able to turn that libraray with bold red shelves into a soft, loveable pink and black nursery. I love it! It turned out just the way I had been visualizing it in my head for the past six months.... Here are a few more pictures to enjoy!








Now, I really need to give credit where credit is due - I will admit that I had all these great ideas, but I didn't do hardly any of the work!
Thank you thank you JAMES for basically doing all the painting, hanging, floor finishing, and moving.... The nursery wouldn't have turned out so well if it hadn't have been for you. I am so lucky to have such a patient and willing husband! :)
A big thanks to Grandma Becky and Grandma Jessie for all their help in preparing the nursery too! Baby Pipsqueak is one lucky little girl to have such amazing Grandmas!

3 comments:

Kate said...

So CUTE! What a way to welcome Baby Pipsqueak home! She's so well loved already! Can't wait to meet her!

Liz said...

I love it! I can't wait to see your little Pipsqueak in those shoes!

MeriAnn said...

I love it!! I can't wait to see pics of your little one! What a lucky little lady!